Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Cost of Bad Taste....


Dear readers, I know we all have divergent political and spiritual beliefs, this is why it it so very important that we respect that fact.


Invisi-Gal was at a most casual party when a couple showed up with this T-Shirt on:


I found it disturbing and too distracting to enjoy my barbecue treats.

It was hard to have a conversation with this husband and wife protest team at this purely social gathering.

Once again, politics and religion...off limits for civil conversation at parties and especially the dinner table.

There are many forums for such discussions (blogs for example) , talk radio, rallies etc...these mediums are ELECTIVE, you turn them on or off by choice.


Whether or not I agree with your politics is moot. I will simply excuse you in my mind as someone who has very bad taste. And THAT is not a good starting point for socializing , is it?


The heart of the matter is, you may be offending someone for the wrong reason, as you will read in the article.


....


No comments: