Monday, April 28, 2008

Pittsburgh 360


Photographer Steve Mellon has made the Pittsburgh Post Gazette online once again viewable these days with his photographic essays on the Burgh.
He's been doing this for a while and I am soooo overdue in this mention...oh, and disclaimer:the pic above is not Steve's , I needed something to draw you , dear readers, into my little story.

He does a 360 of any place he shoots, meaning, he sets up his camera on a tripod (I am really over simplifying this) and shoots, turns over agina into a 360 and up and down so you can see the place as if you were standing there. It's a long and tedious process, but so worth it!

It then goes on the website :



and in a Quicktime version, you can view it.


Fewer people are reading the newspaper, and of course you know my gripe with the PG (they feature high school football players college choices as FRONT PAGE news, rather than in the SPORTS section...arrrgh) so it's it was a smart move on Steve's part to do this on the website.


Steve Mellon has almost restored my faith in the PG, because HE is in their employ.


The PG is back on my "favorites" button so I can see his photos.



...

No comments: