Monday, April 14, 2008

Compound Penalties...




Here's some interesting reading on the whole fundamental Mormon subject:




Author Jon Krakauer was so ahead of his time on this one (makes you wonder what he is writing about NOW)


Even beyond the child abuse etc....the concern about them defrauding the US by claiming welfare payments for the "unwed" mothers with the umpteen children.

Our government doesn't recognize polygamy , so they file as single mothers with umpteen children, BUT they live as man and wife in their homes.

And the IRS is hip to that.

These large compounds are famous for this game, to the tune of over 23 million dollars in payments.



Invisi-Gal must pay the IRS piper just like everybody else, so should the Fundamental Mormon Polygamist Compound living folks.


They are so NOT getting their Stimulus Package Rebate this year.....




.











2 comments:

Teri said...

Living in Utah gives a two-sided version of this event. Interesting to hear the "local" perspective. My daughter has read the book you've mentioned, I've read others and I work with a gentleman who was born into a local "group", his mother having made "alternative" choices by leaving.

I noticed you found my moved and left no forwarding address site. Glad you found me. I couldn't find an address on your site this weekend to email you.

Invisi-Gal said...

Teri, I was so happy to see you resurface...I was ready to email you and demand you get back on the horse (so to speak)...