Thursday, April 3, 2008

Idle as can be....


Yes, a major guilty pleasure of mine is watching American Idol...
Brooke and Jason, time for you two to go home, you have been fortunate and, in some uncanny way, able to make it thus far. Count your supernatural blessings and let go.

I am way too involved with Idol, I know.

Maybe it's because I am having withdrawals from the ending of season 1 of In Treatment...which by the way is one of the best written shows to come on down the cable channel pike in a long while.


Little fun things (insider alert or you won't understand what the heck I'm talking about):

I thought Sophie's dad looked familiar to me, (Invisi-Gal is proudly hyper-vigilant) I waited for the credits and sure enough, it was Peter Horton of Thirtysomething vintage...he played Gary the non committal bike rider....even funnier was, that Melanie Mayron directed the episode....who's Melanie you ask?

She's also from Thirtysomething, played Steadman's slightly annoying one earring wearing sister Melissa, who coincedently (and we know there are none)had a pink thing for Gary.


I swear, if season 2 of In Treatment ends up with cameos from Eliot and Hope I'll die of 80's flashback shoulder pad syndrome.


But I greatly digress, all this started with American Idol.


I think the greatest slap in the A.I. face will be when Christy Lee Cook gets a big fat recording contract before anyone else does.


You heard it here first...


...



2 comments:

gunn said...

With all due respect to a woman of your standing in the community, why, oh why do you waste your time on such crap?

Now if you're talking ANTM or Top Chef, I'm in!

Invisi-Gal said...

How funny, Gunn.
Top Chef scares Invis-Gal...