Sunday, February 24, 2008

If it ain't broke, break it...


We are painting the bathroom today.


I say "WE" in an empirical way.


Mostly, I stay out of the fray, like sitting here blogging or rolling the masking tape around like a ball, and occasionally barking out orders.


My husband is bearing a painful expression of "Who cares what color the bathroom is, and stop rolling that tape around".


I also know the monster we are creating.

Once the paint is dry , the rest of the bathroom will look like trash and I'll want to replace the fixtures, counter top, sink and (scream) tile the floor.


Plus, numerous trips to the hardware store because we measured wrong, forgot something on the last trip, broke through a wall and ran out of caulking.....


It's better to introduce suffering in increments.


So for now, "WE" are just painting the bathroom.


....


No comments: