Thursday, February 7, 2008

Don't Bother, Father


There are some people out there you expect will be rude to you; overindulged teenagers, spoiled athletes, government workers , anyone who owes you money, etc.


Some people are literally marked by their uniforms (required dress) and therefore you can make a level judgement , an educated guess, if you will ,on how they may act in a social situation.


Then tell me why, when I was walking out of Starbucks today with my arms filled with a tray of coffee and hot chocolate and cookies ( a surprise for my son at school pickup) did the PRIEST who was walking in the door at the same moment, whisk by me and allow the door to slam in my Episcopalian face?


Was this an Invisa-Gal moment?


Almost immediately, a random GENTLEMAN nearby, jumped up and held the door for me.


My first thought (well not exactly my first thought) was, "Good thing you guys can't get married, you would drive your wives to Prozac and online poker."


My second thought was, " I bet he gave up coffee for Lent and he's caving already."






....

No comments: