Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HBO stands for...


Horrible Buying Ordeal....


I am like every other idiot who waitied for the last minute to get something for my dad (who lives in New Jersey poor thing) for Father's Day...it's not because I'm a bad daughter, although that has always been up for review, it's because my dad at 84 years old has everything he's ever going to need.


I thought I found the perfect gift, in fact it came to me on TV last night as HBO advertised the John Adams series on DVD.."there's still time to order for Father's Day... free shipping!"...ohhh I hit the late shopper's motherlode....I would have sworn this was divine intervention.


My dad loves history, especially anything to do with the Revolution, he doesn't have HBO so he hasn't seen this, and I can get it there on time!


Before I order, I do the savvy thing, I check the other websites, it's cheaper but backordered everywhere else, so I go the the HBO website, it's available for overnight shipping...VICTORY IS MINE!


I place the order, I am super shopper Invisi-Gal, then BAM!


I get an email from HBO thanking me for my "advanced order" of John Adams which is on back order and will ship ...uh, whenever but not on Father's Day.....


super-shopper-Invisi-Gal sits motionless...


dashed from victory to village idiot in a single email,


I am screwed, I keep the offer and dash off a card to my dad telling him I'm sorry his gift will be late yada yada yada...bad daughter status rising.


HBO advertised an item, enticing me for Father's Day delivery, when it wasn't even in their warehouse....bad bad corporation.

As I explainded to the very patient "supervisor" on the phone,

"I know you don't care about me, you deal in so much volume...but the truth is, this dvd cost as much as a tank of gas these days, and everyone is very aware of how their money is spent, and NOW is not the time to be messing with that and I will be sure to tell folks that HBO
isn't truthful in their advertising."


Just like I did right now.
.








No comments: