Monday, September 22, 2008

Made...er, delayed in China


Dear readers, I have a story to tell. Though it may seem like a vacuous story about shopping, it's actually a tome on commerce.


Having already told you about the switching of my office to a breakfast room, of course a new light fixture would be in the works. I found the perfect one and ordered it over 2 weeks ago.


A week went by with no emails to tell me my online order was on it's way to illuminate my new breakfast room...so I called the store (Home Click.com, love the name) and inquired as to what could be holding up my precious ship-in-2-days order.....turns out the Olympics created the delay...well sorta.
See dear readers, when China shut down their factories so the poor Olympians could breathe, orders for chandeliers, lamps, anything really, were literally stopped...STOPPED! So my little breakfast room pendant was now on back order until late November.
That explains the lack of many things on the shelves at the stores, and you thought it was the economy, you silly rabbits, didn't you.


Sooo, if you are planning any renovations in time for say, Thanksgiving or possibly Christmas, better check twice, because your items may not be available.
Or, as in my case, the very lighting fixture I seek is hanging in a showroom in Johnstown, Pennsylvania...which is a quick drive for Invisi-Gal and an excuse to visit Clarks' Corner store in Westmont to get one of their famous subs....food and shopping...only thing missing is nine holes of golf.


Invisi-Gal has informed you, now go on about your lives...you can thank me later.




.....


No comments: