Friday, September 26, 2008

Ground rules....


This elections stinks...and I'll tell you why, because once again we are all at each other's throats, divided,cranky and broken.


I was so hoping it wouldn't be this way. I am so tired of family members arguing at the dinner table, harboring grudges, eradicating so and so from the will, scratching names off the family tree, etc...


Workplaces are hostile, more than before.


We are in trouble and no one person is going to solve it. No One person caused it, and we refuse to see our own hands in this.


That's why we must take thoughtful action in communicating with each other during this time.


I recently responded to an email of political nature sent to me, with the following words....


"Not sure what it was you sent, I clicked on the link but there were several articles none of which where listed in the link...having said that, we have to set some ground rules partner, since we were raised well, and we want to remains pals, no political baiting or debating for that matter.
Last time I checked, the voting booths were a private affair and it's only your business who you vote for. So in a polite society, of which we are a minority, let's agree to privacy and civility, you ignorant slut. "


They responded immediately, called me a maverick and sent hugs and kisses.


I love this country!



..


No comments: