Thursday, January 17, 2008

I call it what I want...


I hate the word "menopause" , doesn't it sounds like men get a break or something? Because that would be a BIG LIE.
Have you noticed that everyone going through it feels compelled by some inner bitch to scare you with the symptoms ? I wish they would tell it to the support group, I'll be there soon enough whining louder than the rest of them. It's just that the word "menopause" sounds so , so ,Greek and medical with liver spots all over it.
I want to start calling it "The Back Nine",
it's a wonderful golf term that means you're making the turn from the first nine holes to the last nine holes in an 18 hole round of golf.
The back nine is my favorite part of golf, so it's now my favorite part of life.
I call it what I want, I have super powers dammit,
I'm on The Back Nine.

2 comments:

Maree G said...

I love this whole blog. You are such a great writer! The back nine is an excellent description. I can relate. I chose a butterfly for my business logo, cause I started my business in the third stage of my life, and the butterfly is also in its third stage of life - the most beautiful, freeing and creative stage!

Invisi-Gal said...

Maree,
You get it, perspective is a choice, just like happiness!