Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday's child is full of lead.


Here's the deal y'all....don't call me on Wednesday nights from 10pm to 11pm...because I will be watching my self-united-in-marriage husband Timothy Olyphant in Justified on FX.

It is based on the short stories of Elmore Leonard... note to self: pick up any book with his name on it.

It's been beautifully adapted for television by Graham Yost (The Pacific)...it is gritty and filled with eloquent and relevant profanity and ooozes the underground charm of the South.


Finally, a well written TV show...it is vulgar poetry and completely Shakespearean ... and I am hooked.
I am fighting with my girlfriends over who gets Raylan, laughing with my husband over Gordy's comebacks, and shaking my head in wonderment over Graham Yosts' brilliant mind.

For one hour I suspend all outside world activities and enter Harlan, Kentucky for better or worse, and allow myself to get involved in others people business...oooh my favorite thing...and these other people have interesting bidness.

Yes there is swearin', shootin' and some lovin'.... but none of it feels gratuitous in the least...and the hat jokes are perfect.

.....remember, no calls, no texts, no emails, no nuttin' , I ain't a answerin', I'm fixin' to watch me some Justified....


carry on...y'all

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/...





No comments: